Goal Scorers!

Last week during our Writer’s Workshop we all stepped through the ‘magic mirror’ and visited a tropical island, the Northern Lights, a winter wonderland or a sizzling desert! You all wrote some fabulous descriptions and we found it extremely tough to choose our ‘Goal Scorers’ this week so huge ‘pat on the back’ to you all!

Goal Scorer Iyka has very kindly typed up her stupendous work for all to see! We would like your feedback please to help Iyka’s writing to get even better! What do you like about the descriptions? What could Iyka use next time as a target? Parents remember that you can get involved too!

Iyka’s Goal Scorer:

I looked in front of me I could not believe my eyes! In front of me I could see … gleaming, slippery, shimmering, crystal water that glowed in the sparkling sea. Then I looked at the boiling sun that was like the fire it made made my eyes blink all that time. Next I went paddling in the sea and it was sizzling like a volcano. After something hurt me on my leg it was a horrible crab it was hurting my foot all that time. I ran fast out of the shimmering water and onto the boiling sand. Quietly I was stepping on something.  It was a shell that was sharp. It was stinging my foot in the boiling sand. I wanted to get out of the tropical island because things were happening to me. Finally I stepped out of the immense, gigantic mirror I was shocked when I came back home. Last of all when I went to the tropical island I heard lots of swishing noises that were making me enjoy and it was astonishing, loud, and it was really noisy and the wind was breezing, bustling,  gusty and squally but I enjoyed being in the tropical island.