Jai’s amazing day at Shireland Colliegate Academy

Hello world,

This is Jai and I’m going to tell you about my wonderful experience at Shireland Collegiate Academy.

It was a real privileged as only two pupils from each class in year 5, could attend this outstanding school.

We were introduced to all the staff, we also met a man called Felix and a real radio producer for BBC WM.

Throughout the day we were learning how to produce an exceptional radio report. However, first we had to be put into teams with another school. My school were working with Crockets Community School. The other team was Uplands Mannor and Shireland Hall Primary School.

We had to brainstorm a name for our radio station. We finally came up with a name called ‘Shake ‘n’ Mix’.

The technology was brilliant, we used a Mac Book Pro to record our production and to edit it. Also we had an song which was Usher; ‘Dj Got Us Fallin’ In Love Again.’

After about a hour and a half we had our lunch. The food was luscious which consisted of sandwiches, cupcakes and fruit!

Towards the end of the day, we had a dress rehersal , about twenty minutes before the end of the day. Lastly, we performed our production to the other team.

Fifteen minutes later we had left the Academy and were returned back at school. 

5 thoughts on “Jai’s amazing day at Shireland Colliegate Academy

1. Wow Jai, you must have had great fun at shire land, my brother goes to shire land but he’s in year 10 now 8) 😮 😛 😀 😉

2. Its a great blog post. Jai you must had a great time in shireland acadmey. You did some fun stuff. I wish I was there. My brothers go to shireland.