Letters from Michael by Zoe and Valerie

In story time in year5 we have been reading the book called Kensukes’s Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo.

We have just reached a really tense part of the story. Michael is stranded on a desert island after he got seperated from his Mum and Dad during the night. He is feeling helpless and desperate for food. He is shocked when he wakes up and sees his dog on top of the cave he was sleeping in. Shocked, he went up to the dog and saw he was drinking water from a battered tin bowl. When he went on top of the cave there was a also food for him! He is elated to have found some food but at the same time he feels fearful- who is leaving this food? Should he feel anxious? terrified? Should he fear for his life?

Finally he decides to leave a note for the mystery inhabitant. What do you think he writes in this letter?

16 thoughts on “Letters from Michael by Zoe and Valerie

1. I think Michael says in the letter: “Please help me I am stranded in an island.” “I seperated from my parent last night in a storm.”

Please reply as soon as possible

Michael

• That’s a really good letter jai but i think he wrote:

Thank you for the food and water my names Michael i got seperated from my mom and dad in a storm who are you?.

2. Yes, you’re right Hammaad, Kensuki’s Kingdom is a wonderful book. I love all Micheal Morpurgo Books, he’s such a talented writer. It seems like this is a very interesting part in the story. I wonder what he might write in his letter?

3. he might had wrote that please if there is someone out there and if you get this letter please help me get off this desert and please help me get back home to my mom and dad because they might be very worried about me and also might be thinking where i have gone to and would want me home with them as soon as possible. Thank you for the red bananas and the wonderful fish that was on the top of the cave.

4. As I held tightly to Eddies ball like being caught in a tornado then holding a tree. Suddenly a familiar voice was cautiously talking to me saying “Come on Michael you can do it.” I was treading on the ocean until my eyes closed wide shut like doors closing.

Suddenly I could feel powdery sand on me. Until something was licking my face I opened my eyes and it was Stella Artois.

5. Hi. I’m in the United States. I like your post about Kensuke’s Kingdom. I’ve never heard of it but it sounds like a good book!

6. wow this is exiting theres so many things i think he would say who are you thank you gor the food i would love to meet you what is your name?

7. Kensuke`s kingdom is a very amazing book I like the part where he fell overboard & then he get`s to the Island that`s the part where loads of description comes in!!! 🙂

8. It’s really tense we’ve now read up to the part he meets Kensuke But what happens to him does get more food? I don’t know what do you think? 🙂 😀 😕 :p 😮 :z