A bunch of delicious flavours. By Harjun and Hammaad

[slideshow]

Today in topic we have had great fun tasting the different flavours like almond, Chilli flakes, banana chips,glacier cherries  and apricots.

We have been asked by Cadburys to make our scrumptous, mouth watering, velvety chocolate so that Cadburys can have a  new product!

Some of the flavours  were really tasty and some were abit to sweet and spicy.

Hammaad’s favourite flavour was the  really sweet raisins. Harjuns favourite  flavour was the burning hot chilli flakes.

What was your favourite flavour Year 4?

16 thoughts on “A bunch of delicious flavours. By Harjun and Hammaad

1. Hi
    How exciting to make a new chocolate bar. You have certainly described your flavours using some really interesting words.
    Last year my Year 4 class made Energy bars and had to taste lots of different tropical fruits in order to choose which one they thought would make a popular flavour. Then they linked it to persuasive writing in literacy and had to write letters to Mr Tesco to persuade him to sell their new energy barsr. They were very surprised when Mr Tesco turned up in person and they had to present their new product to him in order to persuade him to put it in his shops!
    Our Year 2 classes learnt all about chocolate last year and they designed packaging for it. I went to a chocolate museum in Devon last summer and saw lots of old fashioned chocolate posters and wrappers. Are you going to design wrappers for your amazingly delicious new chocolate bars?
    I look forward to reading more soon.
    Ms Wise

2. What a fantastic blog, year 4. Have you looked at how chocolate is produced and how some workers get more money for their cocoa beans through Fairtrade and other schemes like it.

3. That sounds really exiting to make energy bars,did you enjoy it?
    In literacy it is also really fun because it is all related to chocolate. In literacy every one of us is going to film a tv advert for our product which is for our fantastic, awsome chocolate bars. Also we are going to send our ideas of our products to a very kind and thoughtful man working at cadburys. He has sent a letter to our school because we have been to cadburys world for a trip on september the 23rd and I must say i think it was the best trip I have ever been to! There is so many things we are doing with chocolate we have even made leaflets for cadbrys world in school which was extreamly fun.

4. I liked tasting the diffrent foods. I liked the raisons but my favorite food was the chilli. I did not like the almond or the banna chips. We got to choose are own filling, most people wanted chilli 18 people chose chilli. 4 people wanted honey 0 people wanted nut meg and only miss martindale wanted banana chips!
    I am really looking forward to makin my chilli milk choclate

5. Yes we have learned about how chocolate is made and how the cocoa beans are grown. We even went to visit the Cadbuys factory
    were we got go on a ride! with. we also went to see the advert called spots v stripes.And were a man was on a game that said the day gorge cabrey got his first Shop in 1852 i think. But then we went in to a Room were it was very dark and then…..the chair was shakeing us like cocoa beans with the man saying well its very hot with the pepoal all saying hello.Any way then we went to eat are lunch.Then we went in to a metle bar with a giant metle lock if.some one tried to get in sidethen we got to make mashmelloe’s with chocklate.

6. When i was in Y4 my sweet concoction was dark choclate and buiscit.I would’ve had white choclate but it would overflow!
    Most people liked chilli and apart from me and Dylan and myself nobody liked sweet,sticky aporicot!

7. I’m looking forward to making chocolates! and doing advderts because filming
    and disghing chocolate also i’m using honey

8. The chillis were burning my tongue in a very really great way it was actually fun tasting the flavours my favourite flavour was the chillis.

9. In shcool for the tasting was thrilling and magnifisent
    i had a try of every thing and the almond smelled familer ,
    I called my chocolate honey deeelight guess ,what
    miss Martindale i never founded the chilli hott i had a bunch full
    of it and still no hotness.