Switched on!

[slideshow]

In year 4 we have been learning about electricity.

We had to build a crocodile out of Lego and then try to make it open its mouth by programming it by the computer. We also programmed traffic lights to make them start red then red and amber and then green. It was a bit tricky at first because we didn’t know what button made which colour, but after we figured them out.
Next we programmed the bee bots and we tried to make a shapes.
By Ismaeel

Here are top eight electricity facts that I have found:
1. Egypt had the first known battery. They used it to put gold plating on their jewellery.
2. The dynamo was the first generator. It was discovered in 1866 by Ernest Werner von Siemens who was German.
3. Crawfordsville’s electric light power makes 2omw of power per hour.
4. Benjaman Franklin didn’t discover electricity but he did prove that lightning is from electrical energy.
5. Thomas Edison didn’t invent the first light bulb but he did make one for a few seconds. Joseph swan a British inventor had the copyright for the first light bulb a year before Thomas Edison. Joseph swan showed the first carbon thread light bulb in England at least ten years before Thomas Edison. Thomas Edison’s light bulb copy of Joseph swans light bulb.
6. The first Van de Graaff generator was made in 1929 van de graaff who was a professor at Princeton.
7. Electricity can travel at the speed of a light which is about 186,282 miles per second.
8. An electric eel can make 350 to 550 volts of electricity. Eels use the shocks to protect them self’s.

by Aarondeep

11 thoughts on “Switched on!

1. I enjoy doing switched on! it is really fun you can do the beebops and making wires (circuit) and we even played with a clown it tie spins around it nose lights up and it eyes light up we also had some lego it was a crocdile Miss Martindale said it costed a lot of money but you make it move its massive jaws I really enjoyeddoing the crocdile that was my first faveroiute!!!!

2. I loved learning about electricity it was fun. I also loved doing the activitys. the most thing that I loved in the activitys was playing with the bee ‘s and the car ‘s it was amazing. in our science I am making a toy. first I am planning what to make and then make it 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

1. What kind of toy will you make? I think I might make-
      -doll house that lights up!
      -Disco bulb that lights
      you decision I am just helping you think of some toys you could make! (it is up to you)

3. I loved when the crocodile moved. It could even open its mouth but we had to use laptops to make the crocadile work.