Pond Dipping by Jada and Amara

In the afternoon we went pond dipping. Firstly we had to walk all the way in the scorching sunshine and we strutted with our friends.  Finally we arrived and Debbie and Gareth showed us how to pond dip with very fancy equipment.  We had a net and two plastic containers.

Our group found lots of creatures that live in the canal.  Guess what?  We found a woodlouse that lives in the sea!  Nathan’s group found a scorpion and it looked orange.  It breathed out of its tail!

I liked pond dipping because we got to splash the net in the water and we found amazing creatures that we did not know existed.

We have to go now because we are going to learn how to zip wire!!!

5 thoughts on “Pond Dipping by Jada and Amara

1. Hi Amara and jada,

You sound like youre having some serious fun! I Am pleased that you are having some great experiences. I can’t wait to hear all about it over dinner when you get back. Love you loads
    PS Max jumped out of the window today and was say in the sunshine in the garden. As soon as he saw me he jumped back in lol

Love you Moo, have fun Jada xxx

2. Wow!

You’ve found very unusual things an orange scorpion really hope it didn’t pinch anyone’s toe eek!

Love Mum

3. Hello all, sounds like you found loads of creatures & learnt lots about them.

Zip wire?????!!!!!!!! I want to join in, come on, tell us all – Did Mrs Daniels have a go?

Sharon

4. Wow! So much fun all in one day, how did you manage to fit it all in? Wish I was there with you Zeba, messy in the mud building a shelter and learning how to start a camp fire!!
    Pond dipping looks fantastic , did you all have a go at identifying the creatures you found? Let us know
    I’m sure you will sleep like logs tonight. Zeba, are you enjoying the food? Look forward to see what you’re up to tomorrow , keep blogging ! Lol mum xx

5. Hiya Jai, You’ve had another wonderful day I see! You would have been proud of me today, a beetle came into my classroom, the students all squealed and shouted squish it! But I saved it instead and set it free. I bet you lot are braver than my teenagers!
    Looks like you found loads of good creepy crawlies!
    Missing you tonnes.
    Mum.
    xxxxxxxx
    P.S. The ferret is missing you too, I took her for a walk and she tried to follow every boy about your size that we walked past! 😀