The Piano by Alesha Malhi

Imagine a piano with the saddest song, one that brings back memories,sad,happy disturbing.Imagine a man so depressed that all he can do is remember the times.
My leathery, wrinkled fingers bent out with a crack, as I reached out to play the keys. I played the song. I couldn’t stop it. Brought back many many memories…

Chaos is surrounding us. BANG! CRASH! The bullets cried passed me, zooming passed it went towards my brother. My heart was pounding, I couldn’t bare the feeling. It was horrible. Drops falling down from my cheek like a waterfall…

January 1940, I was playing the ancient piano with my beloved Anne. Her blonde hair was pinned in a tight bun. She was wearing a vintage dress, which flowed like a stream on a summers day. She kissed me and it felt like a butterfly had just landed. This is the last time I would see her before I went to the War …
That was then but now, it’s like I’ve been cast by a spell. A spell of lonelyness …

One thought on “The Piano by Alesha Malhi

1. Your story is very good. It’s very emotional you would have had to empathise with the character. Well done Alesha.