Jim’s flashback story

Today was raining all day. I was playing on my iPad, but then the music that came on the radio reminded me of an old song grandad used to play on the piano…

I was in the living room playing an old board game with grandad. The walls were half orange and half cream, with brown carpet and white curtains. Grandad James had grey hair, a brown jacket, grey trousers, blue eyes, fair brown skin like me and a old brown chequered flat cap. Cheating secretly, he took some cards and slyly put them in his deck of cards under the coffee table.

Whenever I hear a car it reminds me of when we both went go- carting and he beat me by 10. But then I said to him “sing a song” and he laughed so I told him to forget it. I loved going go carting with grandad it was fun, me and him always over took each other in go carting. I didn’t really know how to go faster but then I found the accelerator. Then I crashed into the walls.

I sat on the floor in living room, and then a ice cream van went past and it reminded me of grandad and I went to the circus and while we were there we had Ice cream and I had pretzel on mine and grandad had toffee apple but unfortunately he could not eat it because he hadn’t teeth.

The music reminded me of when me and grandad when to Blackpool pleasure beach we both went on the Pepsi max. I loved it I was so happy grandad face was jiggling through the air, the girls were screaming and I was just looking at the beautiful view I could see are house from here.

But then the music stopped so then grandad disappeared in my head… I was so upset and I felt like I was lonely, sad and dejected boy who has no one. I am In distress without grandad in my life.

I remembered the day that grandad died, he was lying in the coffin with a suit on with people singing sad music, every body was wearing black clothes in the mandir. People were saying thanks, a speech or a pray. I was really upset because he was a member of family that had gone forever. I looked like I had a brave face (however I was heart broken deep down).

I wished the day would never end when he died. Me and grandad would always have a dance party. when mom and dad went we always would have invited are friends, but then he had always pull a muscle when he danced. When it was his birthday I placed a letter on his grave, with blue flowers because it was his favourite colour.

I loved grandad and I wished I had never lost him. Rest in peace grandad James. I have a picture of him hung in my room. When I hear his favourite song that he played on the piano it feels like I can hear him weeping in my soul for help.

But then I was back in the living room on my iPad on the sofa.

By Chetan

2 thoughts on “Jim’s flashback story