Year 4 Do Market Research!

In our numeracy work this week we are carrying out market research to help us design our new chocolate bar.

An important skill that we have been developing is choosing which data to collect in order to answer a question.

We have received a letter and have been data collecting to respond to this letter.

Dear Bearwood Pupils,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to Cadbury’s World. Whist you were on
site one of my  managers (Chris Smith) over heard a child saying that they would be designing their own chocolate bar once they returned to school.
Coincedentally, Cadburys are actually just about to design and launch a new chocolate product too.
Since you all seemed so knowledgeable I am writing to ask for your assistance.
I would like you to launch a new product at Bearwood Primary School and if it is successful then I will consider launching this product into the Cadburys range.
I would like you to be creative. The chocolate product should not already exist in the Cadburys range, or in the ranges of our competitors. You must first do some market research to find out about the chocolate eating habits of the children at Bearwood and find out what they would like in a new product.
Please record a presentation of your findings when you have finished so that I can have an update on your progress.

Regards,
Alan Palmer,
Director of Cadburys.

So far we have written our surveys and started collecting data. Later in the week we will be presenting our data in graphs and interpreting our findings.

7 thoughts on “Year 4 Do Market Research!