– to represent the school (so different people now which school you are from)
– uniform means that we are secure/safe – in our own clothing, people will ‘show off’ their clothes and others might get jealous
– our own clothes may be inappropriate or dangerous.
– on a school trip, people will know what school we arefrom (can compliment us or help us if we get lost)
– we don’t need to think about what to wear in the morning and therefore it doesn’t waste time in the mourning.
– our own clothes will not get messy or dirty if we wear school uniform .
– staff and the community will feel proud of us if we all have the same uniform on.
– if we feel good/smarter in school uniform, then we will work harder.
– if we wore our own clothes all week, we wouldn’t look forward to wearing them on the weekend.
– it looks better if everyone is wearing the same – everyone is wearing the same, which means we are all equal .
– school uniform is more expensive than our own clothes.
– wearing our own clothes is less hassle because mums have to spend ages washing and ironing
. – it doesn’t matter what you wear in class so long as you are comfortable.
– our own clothes are cool and funky they express your fashion..
– in uniform, we look the same every day for five days a week.
– – if we don’t get it washed quick enough, we will run out of school uniform.
– uniform takes ages to put on and get off.
– if children are naughty on a trip, everyone will know who we are.
– more children would want to join our school if they saw that we got to wear what we wanted
Which position would you choose: for or against ? Why?