Zane’s Multisensory Description Inspired by ‘Rose Blanche’

As I rode my archaic bike I heaved my weighty luggage. The towns folk hurried as the soldiers were approaching the humble town. The smell of diesel fumes invaded the air as it merged with the smell of fear. The fat mayor beeped his horn as a hopeless lady rode her cart. Walking slowly the injured soldiers sauntered through the crowded street.

The Heffers’ hooves clanged against the battered cobblestones. In the distance, there was a frantic lady wearing a black, leather jacket searching for her little girl. The people of the town began to shout at each other. The chaos was building up.

Carts were screeching against the floor. The sound of tanks echoed around the town. Families hugged each other as some were waving goodbye. I trembled as I watched all this around me. Houses were empty and not a soul went in or came out. There was no sign of hope.

The rumbling of the allies’ tanks began to be louder then before. People were now beginning to become desperate. Widows were carrying their babies. The tired horses trundled along the street as they were pulling heavy loads.

The winter breeze moaned against the people and told them a sad, simple message. Germany had lost the war.

One thought on “Zane’s Multisensory Description Inspired by ‘Rose Blanche’