Oswin’s Multisensory Description Inspired by ‘Rose Blanche’.

Everyone was panicking and rushing but I had the worst problem. War was coming. I could see the fat Mayor rushing into his car and a women struggling with her luggage. I was looking everywhere along the slippery streets. The icy cobblestones made it hard to walk let alone to run. The city was cramped, full of terrified people, all evacuating the city.

There were hundreds of large, tanks coated in weapons, grinding through the streets. Soldiers were marching across the road.

It’s was a foggy afternoon. A gloomy, murky and ominous wind threatened the streets, like Mother Nature was part of the war itself. The crowd was clearing up and were cheering up but inside, they were still threatened. I could see more of the streets, but this was the last time I saw my home town.

There were no more soldiers or tanks although the fat mayor was still in his car waiting impatiently for his driver to come. The smell was back. I was looking everywhere to find my daughter and that was my problem apart from the horror of war. There were no people in the shops, houses or cafes. Everyone was leaving, all terrified. I needed to look everywhere for her; my daughter.

A feeling came through the town sending a warning. Germany had lost the war.

3 thoughts on “Oswin’s Multisensory Description Inspired by ‘Rose Blanche’.

1. I really think that the mother nature part of your description gives a real effect on the reader as to how dangerous this war was. ๐Ÿ˜€