Kensuke’s Kingdom Agony Aunt letters

In literacy this week we have been empathising with characters from Kensuke’s Kingdom. We are writing some letters to an Agony Aunt to explain the different character’s feelings. Add your letter here.

41 thoughts on “Kensuke’s Kingdom Agony Aunt letters

1. Dear agony aunt,
    My family has decided to travel around the world in a huge boat with me. We also have to live on it, because my mum and dad have lost there jobs ever since that stupid redundancy letter came through the post. My family is running poor on money. I don’t know what to do except for doing my paper round every morning. I’m so confused that my dad had to sell the car to get a stupid boat that now we have to live in. I don’t know what to do my dad has kind of ruined my whole life. Please help me and give me some advice.

Michael

😉 🙂 😉 🙂

• Agony aunt

Dear agony aunt,
      This is gran. I am very worried about micheal and his family going away on their boat, anything could happen. I am getting very old now and I need people to look after me. What if there is a very bad storm they all could get hurt in the middle of the ocean and there Is nobody to help them then what can they do? And I am extremly worried about stella the dog. Dogs are not aloud to go on a boat she could jump over board or she could hurt herself while she is playing or running around the boat. I am getting very lonley at home and I want them all to come back home.
      From Gran

• Dear Gran,

Maybe you should think postive about your family and how they are going to enjoy thereselfs they probly going to miss you too but you should be happy for them,

From The Agony Aunt 🙂

• I didn’t get to write mine so here what I came up with:
      Dear agoungy Aunt,
      I have a sieirious problem do you think you can sort it out my names michael i’m 11yrs old my mom and dad are so excited because they are going on a trip around the world well we are going on a trip around the world.
      I didn’t even get to get a chance if i want to go or not it just came out like just one full speed of light just before a blink of a eye.
      I do want to go but i’ll miss my Gran and my best friend Eddie
      it’s like I don’t get a chane to speak my mom told me to listen to my heart but how can I? What does she mean? all your heart does is go babom babom please write back to me as soon as you finish reading this letter before you can catch a breath!

I believe you can solve this one out
      yours sincely
      Michael

• Dear michael,
        when your mom means listen to your heart she means sit down and do whta you think is best! that can’t be hard for an 11yr old 😕 can it?

2. Dear Agony
    My husband has gone completely mad he has sold our car and now he has used the rest of our redundancy money to buy a boat for us to live in. Now he has decided that we are going to go on a huge trip around the world. I do not want to leave I love my house and there’s gran and also the school, I think it’s really dangerous because what if there’s a storm or what if someone falls over board also something might happen to gran while were gone and I won’t be there to look after her I really don’t want to go but I have to look after my family what shall I do?
    From mom

• Dear wife of the husband
      maybe you should think of taking a divorce with him or ask him why is he doing this
      yours gratefully
      Agouny Aunt 😉

3. Dear Agony Aunt,
    My husband and I lost our jobs. Now I’m stuck here crying because I don’t want to move house. My mum and dad are always fighting in the living room about money whilst I sob miserably at the top of the stairs. Is there anyone that can help me and give advice? When are they going to stop fighting? I’m downhearted and miserable about this. Also I really want to see my best friend Eddie again. I really miss Eddie and I love playing football with him but know football is not same without him. I really want to play football with him but he moved away.
    I wish I was with him down south but I cant be…
    Please help me. What do you think I should do? I can’t stand living like this anymore and I want my family to be living happily as we were before.
    From Michael

4. Dear, agony aunt,
    I need a lot of help, because my family keeps arguing about getting money. You see; just the other day they both lost their jobs. Dad cannot stay away from the pub these days. One day I saw mum crying her eyes out like a baby. Were travelling around the world, leaving gran and my best friend Eddie behind.Please help me.

🙂 🙂 🙂 😉

5. Dear Anne,

My dad has a devastating idea and we can’t change his mind. He says that we can travel around the world in an old, wooden yacht. It all started one evening when he came home with a letter that would change our lives forever. The letter said that dad had been made redundant. We were totally shocked. Every afternoon since that dreadful day he disappeared in the pub and did not spend any time with us anymore. Gone were the special family days spent sailing at the reservoir. If only the letter hadn’t arrived…
    Last week when I got back from paper round I saw my mom crying at the bottom of the stairs down hearted. I could not she her like that.

What shall I do? How shall I help? Please help me agony aunt.
    From Micheal

6. Dear agony aunt
    I have a big problem with my family. Let me tell you my dad has lost his job and he has sold the car and has house and bought a boat. My parents are arguing over money. I’m terrified of my brown furry dog jumping off the boat and can’t swim. I need some advice on what to do please can you help me I’m begging you. They want to go all around the world I have never ever went on a boat not even once shall I go or not if you don’t know please can you ask a friend any one at all I feel scared and my grandma is left on her own and if she’s ill there is no one to look after her I feel so guilty she told me not to go my dad doesn’t even care

Yours sincerely Micheal

7. Dear Anne,
    My family have lost their jobs and everything is falling apart. My dad sold his car, our house and bought a boat. We’re travelling around the world and I feel scared and worried. I’m going to leave my Gran and my best friend. I am goner remember them, I hope.

8. Dear agony aunt,
    Yesterday I was terribly miserable.
    I really want to go on the amazing adventure with my mum and dad around the world on a boat, but I don’t want to leave Gran and Eddie, my best friend but my mom and dad really want me to go. If I go Eddie and Gran will miss me a lot. I think it’s time for me to listen to my heart which is telling me to be happy and go. You are the only one I can talk to you. What should I do?
    From
    Michael

• Dear Michael you are right you should listen to your heat and follow what you do but does it matter if they miss you I mean you can take a picture of them and stick it on your boat bedroom of you can text them and kepp in touch I hope you remeber to listen to your heart
      yours gratefully
      Agouny Aunt

9. Dear agony aunt

I have a big problem with my family. Let me tell you what’s wrong. My dad has lost his job and he has sold the house and the car for a boat. My mom and dad are has started arguing over money. And they want to go around the world in a boat and they don’t have any experience on a boat and I have never ever lived on a boat and all of us are scared. And I’m scared of my brown hairy dog jumping of the boat. I am so guilty leaving my Gran at home I need some advice for what to do please can help me

Yours sincerely Micheal

10. Dear Agony Anne
    My name is Micheal and I am 13 years old. My dad has just thrown a dynamite stick on the whole family. He came home yesterday with the devastating news that we are going sailing around the world for about 12 months. I don’t want to go but he says we must because a redundancy letter came which changed Dad into a completely different man. At first dad became lazy. He stopped fixing things around the house and he spended more time in the pub. We stop going sailing in the rezwar. Mum was miserable. I saw her crying at the bottom of the stairs. I never seen her like this before so please give me advice.

From Micheal

11. Dear Agony Aunt,
    My dad has just got a redundancy letter and I feel like my whole world is crashing down on me. The day after the redundancy letter there was awkward silence at the breakfast table. It was as if ghosts had joined us. Then when I finished my breakfast I went to sit on the comfortable soft sofa thinking about what we was going to do about money and food. When I when he went to the kitchen to get a drink and he found my mom crying at the bottom of the stairs cying.What do I do.

12. Dear Anne,

From Micheal

13. Dear Agony Aunt,

My Mom & Dad have just got madredunt and all they seem to fight about is money and how they are going to pay the bills I cannot live like this no more, furthermore Dad seem`s to be at the pub all the time and I feel alone and have no one to speak to for advice no more so I thought I might come too you. Please give me some advice I don`t want my family living like this no more please help.

Micheal 🙂

14. Agony aunt

Dear, Anne

I am 9 years old, my life is a misery , Dad wants to go to south hampton but mom wants to stay. I dont know who to choose. Mom or Dad. I want to stay with dad because he will be going south and Eddie will be there plus we will go sailing. I also want to stay stay with Mom and gran. What shall I do? I live in glasgow and i dont know what to do? Shall I stay in glasgow or go sailing around the world with dad? Could you give me some advice ? Please Help me

Micheal

15. Dear Agony Aunt,

I am 10 years old and my life is a misery. My mum and dad have recieved a letter saying they have been made redundant. My father has came up with an idea saying we should sail around the world. However my mum doesn’t want to leave because she was born in Devon. (That’s where we are living at the moment.) Should I stay with mum? Or go travelling around the world with my dad? I am desperate for help. Who should I choose?
    Micheal

16. Dear Agony Aunt,
    Iam 25 years old and my life has gone from peacful and exciting from angry and down hearted. My life was very happy because we earnt money and we had a job. Then we were made redundant and i went to South-Hampton and bought a yacht but my wife and son don’t know that i have bught a $100 yacht. I want to go sailing around the world but my wife won’t leave the house an won’t go anywhere with me. which one shall i choose. stay with my wife or sail around the world. please write back when you have found out the answer.
    From,
    Micheals dad jon 🙂 🙂

17. dear anne I am 11 years old and my life has gone from being a joyful life to being a misery . my mom and dad have been arguing a lot recently and I just found out it was because they had both been made redundant. my mom and dad argue over food and money. most of the time my dad is at the pub and has no ispiration about getting a job. Is there anyone that can help my family.

michael

18. Here is 1 of Mom,

Dear Agony Aunt,
    I am 36 yrs old and my husband (Rob) has came up with an amazingly silly idea to go sailing around the world, but I don`t agree I think it might be a silly idea and who will look after Gran? and I would miss home very much. Gran is going to be lonely and I would love to take her but she don`t like things that go fast she likes things slow, please help me I don`t know weather to go or not?

Ellie Please give me some advice

Here is 1 of Dad,

Dear Agony Aunt,
    I am 42 years old and my wife is ungratful I have just brought a boat to go sailing its an oppunity to sail around the world but she just moans about this she is very stressed at the momment, and I think time away would make her feel a lot better help me.

Rob

19. Dear Ann ,
    my family used to be a cheerful family but now it changed to a unhappy family all my family argue is about food and money. how shall i help them ? have you got any ideas ?

20. I have read every Agony Aunt letter and they are all fab! Everybody well done, you’ve put a lot of effort and thought into your comments.

21. I like Aaliya’s and simran’s story. I really like going on the blog it’s fun reading and writing about things on our blog.before Ihated going onthe blog because i thought it’s boring but now I enjoy it more than last year. These agony aunt letters are amazing.I hope more people start going onthe blog,and realize how much fun it is.