Firefighters visit recount
On Thursday 19th May 2011 class 5LH had a visit from the West Midlands firefighters. We had learnt all about Smoke Alarms.
These are a few things we had learnt:
• That the Smoke Alarm should be in the middle of the landing
• If you have two put the second on the stairs
• At least test your smoke alarm every month
• Don’t paint over the smoke alarm
• Vacuum the smoke alarm gently every week to keep the dust off.
If your smoke alarm stops working buy another one but don’t leave it out of use put it up straight away. If you do not know how get a professional to do it. The officer said “ do not put smoke alarms in the attic, bathroom or kitchen “.