Sequences by Zara and Karolina

Today in math’s we have been learning about number sequences we had to spot the rule and then complete the number sequences. One group today had a sheet and they had to complete the number sequence and write the secret code E.G NN =LN +4 and NN means next number and LN means last number. The other group were looking at harder patterns with shapes and they had to find the next term in the sequence and write the rule. Some of us were looking at negative numbers and decimals. Before we started Miss Martindale showed us some number sequences and we had to write the code. We also learnt about ascending and descending. Ascending means the sequence goes up and descending means it goes down.

53 thoughts on “Sequences by Zara and Karolina

1. I feel very confident on sequences there really fun I I think I have learnt alot about number sequences!!!!

1. Me to paige i agree with you i have learn’t something to i really enjoyed this lesson i think it was an fantastic lesson dont you think? πŸ™‚

2. I think i have learnt number sequences and i am now more confident than before when we done it. I think this is a very intresting and fun lesson. I have learnt a lot in already one lesson.

3. Here I’ve got some info the five big animals in south africa…
    South Africa’s “Big Five”
    Buffalo
    Buffalo are extremely large, ox-like animals. Standing approximately 65 inches at the shoulder, adult males have a mass of up to 1760 pounds and females weigh up to 1650 pounds. To support the large body, the legs are very heavy. Front hooves are larger than the hind because of the extra mass they get.
    Elephant
    The African Elephant is the largest living land mammal, one of the most impressive animals on earth. The Elephant’s muscular trunk serves as a nose, hand, extra foot, signaling device and a tool for gathering food, siphoning water, dusting, digging and a variety of other functions.
    Leopard
    The most secretive and elusive of the large carnivores, the leopard is also the shrewdest. Pound for pound, it is the strongest climber of the larger cats and is capable of killing prey far larger than itself. The coloring of the leopard varies from white to bright golden brown, spotted with black spots and rosettes.
    Lion
    Lions are the second largest members of the feline family in the world. Lion are tan in colour and have a slightly white under-body, with a tuft of black hair at the end of their tails. Most cat species live a fundamentally solitary existence, but the lion is an exception. It has developed a social system based on teamwork.
    Rhinoceros
    The rhinoceros is a large, primitive looking mammal that in fact dates from the Miocene era millions of years ago. In recent decades rhinos have been relentlessly hunted to the point of near extinction. Since 1970 the world rhino population has declined by 90 percent, with five species remaining in the world today…

4. I am confident on number sequences. Before when i started i was a little un sure on negative numbers. ( numbers below 0)

5. I feel more confident on number sequences than i was yesterday. I was not quite sure on negative numbers now i am confident.

6. Me too Bismah, I do feel a bit more confident on number sequences becasue Miss Martindale helped us. I’ve really enjoyed dong this so far in the week because it is new to me.

7. I am now really conident because firat time we done it it was quit tricky for me. Also i think other people are more confident than the first tim we done it. I think this is a great unit to focus on.

8. I really enjoy looking at number sequences and i also like sorting them out. I thik this is a great lesson.

9. Miss Martindale i think i good idea would be to gives us on our challenge at the endachallenging question and see if we get it right using diffrent skills like +, -, divide, x

1. I agree with you karolina and usman, it was a great lesson it was challenging and it was fantastic to πŸ˜‰

1. The next 3 numbers are -1, 2, 5 and the rule is NN=LN +3.What about this one -12, -16, -20 and the next 3 numbers.

10. Thnk you Miss Marindale i think when people give me sequences now i am getting more confident with my work.

1. i feel like it to bismah i love doing number sequences you can do some at home and practise could’t you

11. i am really confident!!!!! can you try this number sequence?
    -24, -21, -18 can you work out the next numbers and the code!!!!