A very peculiar but exciting letter arrives in Year 4. By Shawon and Chloe

We have had the most exciting lesson ever today! Today in Year 4 we have been doing a lesson of King Arthur because we are learning about stories set in different times in history. Miss Martindale had given us the story of King Arthur to read and had stopped the class to ask some questions. Then suddenly a message came on the smartboard by itself and Miss Martindale kept on telling us to be quiet because we were pointing at the board then suddenly Miss saw the message on the board herself. A hand written message was misteriously appearing on the board. The message was confusing and didn’t make much sense at all it said that somebody was lost and asked us if it was still 1944. It also asked us if we had found the teddy and the gas mask. But we didn’t know what they were talking about! Next Miss Martindale had to sit down on the carpet because she was so overwhelmed by the whole thing. She went a bit pale and so did some other children in the class. Miss kept asking everyone if they knew any information and were they playing a trick on her but no-one knew anything then it got even more full of suspense when Sana found a letter and a gas mask on the table. Cameron thought to send a letter back so we decided to change our lesson and all write a letter back. We are going to leave them out in the classroom and we are all hoping we will get another reply.

We think the messages must be sent by a child because some of the spellings weren’t spelt correctly.

We will keep telling you what happens on the blog. If you know anything please tell us what you know.

Some people were a bit scared but it was definitely a thrilling morning!

34 thoughts on “A very peculiar but exciting letter arrives in Year 4. By Shawon and Chloe

1. it’s not a ghost
      its actulluay a human, ‘from world war two’!!!!!!!!!!
      also they sent us a letter this morning……

1. But what can it be if it`s not a ghost becuase a person would come straight in and write on it and a ghost you wouldn`t see who is this mysterious person? I think… Darshana it can`t be a human if it writed on the white board even though i wasn`t there i still thought it was freacky Ohhhh and it sounded really fun to be there to see it acctually happen. 🙂

2. ow that i’ve thought to show paige and darshana because it would of shown itself if it was human but it said it wasn’t a ghost so what could it be?

1. I think it could be other time traverllers from 1944 and they knew the time traverllers from 1910 and now they have come but they lost their gas mask and a teddy and i wonder because we had the gas mask that 4g had the teddy

2. Thank you ever so much for that exeptional post shawon and cloe. As soon as the message appeared on the board I felt a sudden tikkle run up my spine, at first the teachers had planned some sort trick whe we found that gas mask but as the message apeared on the board I was certaintly suspicous! Miss Skinner im not sure if other children put questions in like I did put was quite serious which my questions because I wanted to know why they needed a gas mask, was it because they are in danger?

3. i think it was a little scary because the smaryboard began to write by itself and it was every strange because no one came in the class and it was very strange. maybe theres more timetravlers :O 😉

4. I think I was the most confused and shocked out of everybody! Thank you for writing such a brilliant post. I am very impressed with your writing. I can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow!
    Miss Martindale

5. it was very strange. i like writing the letters and hoping that we would get a reply. this morning we got a reply!!!!! it was very strange when the board started to write by itself. i think the person was from world war 2. they were from 1944 and in 1945 it was the wars so thats why they maybe gave us the gas mask. thank you shawoon and chloe for typing in a fantastic post about the mystery i also like being dectives and finding clues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. I think your right Zara, the person probably needed the gasmask to protect themslves from world war 2 if they lived then.

1. What does everyone else think about this strange traveller who has left a teddy bear and gasmask at our school, what can we do to help them get back 1944 just like the time travellers from 1910?!:)

7. Mabye it will be sort of like the blog but handwriten : we send the letters and get replys but I hope it doesn’t go on forever because I want to get to the bottem of this. 🙂

8. I do agree with allof you guys as well my mum and dada did not belived that happend they said that you are joking then when I siad ask Miss Martindle then they did belive then so I normaly tell the truth at home and school and every w
    where. so I say THAT WAS SCEARY iI was shoked!

9. it was very exciting when we first saw the gas mask and the letter it was a bit weird when the board started to write on it’s own 🙂 😐 😉 ;( 🙁

10. The letter was really peculiar I agree with you Shawon and Chloe!I really cant believe that the BOARD STARTED WRITING BY ITSELF!!!But is its not a ghost then what could it be Mya?????

11. It was amazing I was shoked when the whiteboard was writing by itself when we got the letter. the gas mask was fantastic I cant belive it was from the olden days we were luky that it was not a ghost. I was wonderind what the gask mask was doing on the table and so was miss montidale she was subprise and there was a letter next to it said please help me im lost i thought miss montidale writed it but then I new it wast her because she realy got perplexed.