What is your favourite advert and why?

In our literacy work we are looking at the features that make an advert effective. What is the advert that you like best and why? What features does that advert include that we have discussed in school?

38 thoughts on “What is your favourite advert and why?

1. I like chocolate advert.THey are aimed at children and adults.It make you have a picture in your head.They use fantastic discription and they somtime have a slogen.e.g:In the KitKat advert the say cross your fingers.Or maby it has an offer.e.g:Buy 1 get 1 free.Thats wat I like about chocolate adverts,

2. Il like the galaxy advert it had benifit of eating the chocolate. The benifit was to help the rainforest thats why it had a frog on the top.

1. I know Kimran, it was funny with the frog on the top. Maybe it was for a little bit of humour too,rather then a benefit

In your comment I think you slept your 7Th word wrong. Also at the start you put I and then l. I think you need to check your comment.

3. I liked the Drink Gorgeous one because it aimed at Adults or children(not sure).It creates an image in your mind.I like the slogans to products like for Vanish it is Trust Pink Forget Stains or for Kitkat cross your fingers.Also i like adverts because It can also have a offer like Buy one get one free.I like adverts

4. I liked the Drink Gorgeous one because it aimed at Adults or children(not sure).It creates an image in your mind.I like the slogans to products like for Vanish it is Trust Pink Forget Stains or for Kitkat cross your fingers.Also i like adverts because It can also have a offer like Buy one get one free.I like adverts but I don’t like them when they come on when I want to watch a programme.

5. I think adverts are usfull.It has an image on the advert.Whick tells you what to buy.There are tv adverts.Some adverts com by post and there are some computer adverts.Some adverts really make you want to buy it.They use good langague and discription.

6. I like the Barclays advert when the man goes down the water chute through unexpected places like the library!

I also like the Skoda advert when they make the car out of cake and they have the song from the Sound of Music.

Amanveer- I think the ‘Drink Gorgeous’ advert is probably aimed at adults as it is for a herbal tea and I think it would mostly be adults who drink that. I agree that the image on that advert is very striking and catches your attention. The word ‘gorgeous’ makes you want to drink the tea and be gorgeous yourself!

Miss Martindale

What tv adverts stand out for you?

7. I like the lollipop advert.It is kind of catchy.I love the music.

Lollipop!lolliepop.Oh lolli lolli lolli,lollipop.

I also like adverts with humore in it.

8. You have some brilliant ideas to describe the features of adverts. I really like an advert that has a catchy tune or slogan. However, I do not like the ‘Go compare’ adverts as that song irritates me!
    An advert needs the balance between facts and fun. It needs to persuade without being bossy and telling you what to do. I too love the barclays advert I would love to travel via a water chute.
    My favourite advert at the moment is the Cadbury’s advert where a gorilla plays the drums.

1. Miss Dinsdale you reminded me about the go compare advert, i think it’s catchy also I sing that song to myself.

1. It was hilarious, some people thought it was a robot thing but some thought someeone was wearing a costume. Which one is right?

9. I also like the Cabury’s advert with the Gorilla playing the drums to a Phill Collins song.

At Christmas I like the Coke Cola with the man who drives the truck through the snow/christmas scene and the song is going ‘The Holidays are coming..The Holidays are coming..’ I just always associate this advert with it being close to Christmas.

A couple of years ago Pepsi did a great advert with all the top footballs in the world passing a can of Pepsi around the world. People narrated the story as if it was a dream.

1. Ayesha you need to put a capital letter if it’s a I on it’s own. Let me show you.

it- You don’t need a capital letter
      something I did- You need a capital letter because it’s on it’s own.

10. my favourite advert is PG because it is a nice cup of tea . On its own it taste nice with out biscuits. My daughter Rosemeen like her tea with cakes .She will always say mum it’s tea time so I am on time for tea.

11. I like mark and spencers adverts because they really describe the food it makes you really want to buy it.

12. I agree Oceane the M&S advert really describe the prodect.Sometimes at the end they say This is not just a chocolate cake,this is the M&S chocolate cake.

13. Hi I am Riyas mum!My favourite advert is the cadburrys one.That’s my favourite.I expecially love the gorilla playing the drums.

14. I agree with Ayesha;s comment. I do like the Lollipop advert. It’s song is quiet entertaining.