My 3-D Project
My story is set in Lego Jedi’s castle.
I have created a 3-D model to represent my story setting.
I used polystyrene, cardboard, paint and crystals to produce my project. .
Polystyrene is normally used for packaging and insulating; it is a synthetic thermal plastic material.
Cardboard is normally used for boxes and signs; it’s a stiff thin board made from paper pulp.
I created the crystal by conducting the following two experiments.
My Experiment : Create Crystals
You will need :
- Table Salt
- Epsom Salt
- 2 Glass Beakers
- 4 Petri Dishes
- Half fill two beakers with warm water.
- Add four teaspoons of table salt to one beaker.
- Add four teaspoons of Epsom Salt to the other beaker.
- Stir the water so that the salt dissolves.
- Add a few drops of food colouring for fun.
- Pour a little table salt solution into two petri dishes.
- Leave one petri dish in the fridge; examine the crystals after an hour.
(It might take more than three days for the crystals to form.)
- Put the other petri dish in the oven for 15 minutes at 150′ C.
- Repeat the process for the Epsom salt solution.
Table salts crystals look like cubes; they are called cubic crystals. They have straight edges and flat faces.
Epsom salt crystals are needle shaped, however like cubic crystals they have straight edges and flat faces.